The Caran D’Ache blender is an essential tool in any artist’s studio. A colourless medium for mixing, blending and intensifying colours: the wax-oil combination adds brilliance and gloss without altering the shades. It forms a waterproof coating and increases protection against UV.
Versatile and economical, the blender is used up 100% and offers a very wide choice of applications. It can be sharpened like a pencil for detailed work or can be applied flat to cover a large area. It enables the use of mixed techniques and can be used on paper, cardboard, wood, stone or ceramics. The ideal complement to Caran dAche colour pencils, graphites and wax pastels. Its quality is intended for creative professionals, as well as art students and amateur artists.
The Caran D’Ache blender serves many purposes:
- INTENSIFYING COLOURS: The most obvious immediate effect is a striking improvement in the colour intensity of your artwork.
- UV PROTECTION: improves the lightfastness of your artwork.
- WATERPROOFING: Make some parts water-resistant. On applying the blender, the underlying area becomes waterproof. Great for watercolour techniques, locking selected areas of water-soluble art to avoid disturbance during later work, and for overall protection on completion.
- BLENDING: superimpose colours, or apply them side by side, then merge together with the blender.
- GLOSS EFFECT: blended areas may be lightly polished for gloss effects.
It is probably the best blender I have used. It blends
colours together on the paper with ease and intensifies
the colour – making my drawings come to life with
almost unimaginable vibrancy. Whether using it on soft
pastel subjects, as with this lilac, or on dark subjects like
leaves, my work is transformed into such rich areas of
colour that it is difficult for the viewer to believe they
are looking at a coloured pencil drawing and not an oil
painting. It also sharpens to a very fine point for defining
sharp edges. I love it and will be recommending it to all
Janie PIRIE – SBA